Top 25 reasons to walk
Why walking is the ultimate way to get fit and healthy
Walking is one of the most accessible forms of exercise around and is a fun and scenic way of getting your body fit and healthy. As well as reducing body fat, it is a strong form of cardiovascular exercise that is totally free and accessible to everyone. Here's realbuzz.com's top 25 reasons why you should consider taking up hiking.
- Walking is totally free.
- You can walk just about anywhere.
- Walking gets you from one place to another.
- You can take other people with you when you go out on a hike ...
- ... Or, you can go walking alone ...
- Walking allows you to take in your surroundings and catch some great scenery.
- You can start your walking exercise at any pace.
- You can go walking any distance you choose.
- Walking gives you space to think.
- Walking can be done at any time.
- Walking is a social activity and can be a great way to meet people.
- There are many great walking groups to join.
- You can go on organised walking trips anywhere in the world.
- It helps you get to know your own neighborhood — and the neighbors!
- You’ll have a lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke if you walk regularly.
- You could lower your blood pressure through regular walking.
- If you have high cholesterol, walking can reduce it and improve your blood lipid profile.
- Walking can reduce body fat.
- It can have a positive effect on your mental wellbeing.
- Walking helps to increase bone density, thereby preventing osteoporosis.
- You can reduce your risk of cancer of the colon through regular walking
- It helps guard against the onset of non-insulin dependent diabetes.
- You will have better control over your body weight.
- Walking is great for osteoarthritis sufferers.
- Hiking can make you more flexible and help with coordination, reducing the risk of falls.