I knew what Lishi was when I signed up for the class, but I had no idea how yoga, tai chi and martial arts could successfully fit together. I still don't, really, but I'm intrigued and I'll be attending the five sessions I've booked, with an open mind.
- Length of session: 90 minutes
- Attendees: 5 newbies, an old hand, and the teacher
- Wear: trainers (not too grippy, as you need to slide your feet), comfortable clothing
- Take: a bottle of water, an open mind
- My personal challenges: felt frustrated at the lack of structure in the class, not enough of a warm up, prefer to work alone rather than with a partner, didn't feel spiritual enough, felt distracted by the judgements I was making about the other people in the room, went home with a headache!
- Outcomes: good opportunity to promote flexibility of mind and body, good breathing practise, great to get back to yoga-style movement, the "form" looks amazing and I want to learn it
Image: Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
No entries, as yet....