Fundraising with JustGiving.com
I have been awarded a place running for Kidney Research UK in the 2007 Flora London Marathon.
Is using JustGiving.com the best way to do my fundraising ? Does anyone have any experiences of using their services ?
Thanks, in anticipation of your assistance... :P
Well done on the place, I'm still waiting to hear about mine! I will (hopefully) be using justgiving for fundraising, because...
1. The more channels you've got for people giving you money, the better. There will be lots of people I approach who haven't got access to internet, but probably a lot more who do.
2. People pay up front. If people are asked to make a donation online, there's just one visit involved to get money out of them. From what I've heard, this is one of the main benefits as it saves the hassle of physically asking for people for money they've already pledged after the event, i.e. when you thought all the hard work had already been done!
3. I've also heard the argument that faced with typing numbers onto a page and giving credit card details, people tend to part with more cash. Typing 2 & 0 on a screen somehow seems a lot less financially painful than passing over a nice crisp purple note!
4. And a hint that applies to other sponsorship forms as well - get the person at the top (your beloved yet wealthy relative, company's MD, etc) to sponsor you a big fat wodge and this will set a precedent for other people deciding how much to give you.
5. Convenience. Once you've got the page set up, all you have to do is send out the URL whenever you can - leave it as a link to all e-mails you send out, signatures on forums, etc etc.
Nick welcome, Justgiving.com didnâ€™t raise that much for my cause but every little helps, i suppose.
Oh yeah we have no initiation ceremony as such on this site butâ€¦â€¦. As the new guy on here a post on the midweek joke thread by yourself would be appreciated by your new found friends your fellow forumites lolâ€¦â€¦
take care Alfieboy
i would agree with the above, the more ways people can donate the better.
i had a just giving site and it was permanenlty attached to all my outgoing emails, i also emailed everyone i knew, with the page details and asked freinds who worked for large organisations to email it out to all staff. the adress was also given out in my press release and included in various clubs newsletters.
And i will add my welcome to you
This post will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. Are you sure?