Sports bra

• Author
I need to get a new sports bra, but not sure what brand to go for/type to go for. Any advice?

Posted 21.09.11, 8:55am

Have a look at LessBounce.com

They are really good for giving you help if you are unsure, and allowing you to return things that aren't right for you.

Buying a bra is such a personal thing and it depends what you want from it.  I like the Sports Jock ones as they look like running tops rather than bras, so I can change my top in a public place without feeling like I am on display.

Posted 21.09.11, 3:06pm

M&S do some good ones. I really wanted one that looked like a proper bra as I like the way they look better under clothes, and I looked everywhere for one and M&S were the only place I could find that did one! They do other ones too though, they've got quite a good range.

Posted 22.09.11, 11:09am

I've got a shock absorber one which is pretty good.

Posted 23.09.11, 5:04pm

Shock Absorber every time for me. Ive tried others and none come up to the same standard. Quite an extensive range too.

Posted 25.09.11, 6:17pm

Only Nike for me.  Look in the running section.

Posted 26.09.11, 12:05am

Where do you get shock absorber ones from?

Posted 27.09.11, 1:11pm

Quoted from mrsspoon:

Where do you get shock absorber ones from?

I got mine on amazon - good price and it's a great bra too!

Posted 04.10.11, 2:19pm

Thanks, will have a look there!

Posted 05.10.11, 2:39pm

Quoted from ladylovelylocks:

M&S do some good ones. I really wanted one that looked like a proper bra as I like the way they look better under clothes, and I looked everywhere for one and M&S were the only place I could find that did one! They do other ones too though, they've got quite a good range.

I like the M&S ones too, they do different levels of support for different types of exercise and they're pretty cheap too.

Posted 06.10.11, 11:23am

Good old Marksies always saves the day!

Posted 07.10.11, 1:18pm

I too would have to say shock absorber, I tried another brand a few years ago and they lost their shape and elasticity after a few months.  Got myself a shock absorber as a repacement and cannot fault it.

Posted 08.10.11, 10:49pm

I only have a cheap one from sports world, but i don't seem to have a problem with it. Maybe I'd notice a difference if I got a decent one though.

Posted 10.10.11, 11:57am

I really should get one- I'm worried now that I'm doing damage to my ligaments when I go to the gym or aerobic classes... or is it mainly running (becasue of the constant up and down motion) that does the damage?

Posted 11.10.11, 9:28am

I think running definitely does damage, but I reckon it's best to wear one for any exercise. Although I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you haven't caused much damage so far or you would probably have felt uncomfortable or in pain when exercising.

Posted 12.10.11, 1:02pm

Anything that causes them to bounce or swing about can cause damage and stretching. You do normally feel the aches though. Good support is essential for comfort, I can't fault shock absorber. I wear the highest band of support in their bra range and they keep my generous jubblies under control through all exercise without restricting my breathing. I've seen them in DW sports, but they're easy to get online if you know your definite size.

I know several people who swear by the Enell bras as ultimate comfort for bigger chests. They're available through Lessbounce.com.

Posted 12.10.11, 8:54pm

I made the mistake of buying a cheapo one from Primark - was so useless, so i have got a super new one from M&S now.

Posted 14.10.11, 3:00pm

Thanks for all the advice - I went with a Shock Absorber one in the end and can't fault it!

Posted 28.10.11, 11:50am

Are sports bras more like crop tops? how are they different from normal bras? 

Posted 29.10.11, 6:15pm

As always, I think we need some photographs to help us decide girls????.....Innocent~  

Posted 30.10.11, 5:50pm