Ladies underpants

• Author
OK ladies, a question for you...

I usually run with ordinary underpants on under my shorts or lyrca. This is absolutely fine for anything up to about 20 miles, but then the seams start to chafe. I'd like to get some running underpants to deal with this, but I don't know what to get! The only ones I can find on the internet cost about £20. I don't mind spending this, but only if they are going to work! None of my local sports shops stock ladies running pants, only men's.

Does anyone out there recommend a good pair of running underpants?!?!?!

Posted 11.03.12, 10:40am

Quoted from RunStormRun:

OK ladies, a question for you...

I usually run with ordinary underpants on under my shorts or lyrca. This is absolutely fine for anything up to about 20 miles, but then the seams start to chafe. I'd like to get some running underpants to deal with this, but I don't know what to get! The only ones I can find on the internet cost about £20. I don't mind spending this, but only if they are going to work! None of my local sports shops stock ladies running pants, only men's.

Does anyone out there recommend a good pair of running underpants?!?!?!

Done the same research myself and found the most comfiest courtesy of Asda - go for their own NO VPL pants which cost about £2.50 per pair and come in a wide range of colours.  I was suffering with chafing as these are brilliant.

Posted 30.03.12, 1:39pm

I would never run in normal underwear. Its like other running clothes- once you've tried them, you'll never go back (like a really good running bra, proper running clothes, and socks). I've bought quite a few from lessbounce.com and am really happy with them, and also have some from sweaty betty. My favorite are Panache brand.Yes, they are expensive but they seem to last a few years and are great for running. On my long runs (over 20 miles) I have occassionally gotten some chafing and I've started to use a Glide rub on which looks like a solid deodorant in areas I think might chafe. This seems to work. I bought it at a running shop, but I think they might sell it at lessbounce too.

Posted 04.04.12, 5:50pm

To be honest I don't think I have been exercising for long enough to experience a problem with my pants - but then the longest run I have ever done was 9 miles. And no knicker issues experienced thus far Wink

Posted 05.04.12, 3:46pm

Thanks ladies. I've bought some from LessBounce and they are great. No more chafing for me!

Posted 09.04.12, 1:56pm

Glad you've sorted that issue out RunStormRun

Posted 09.04.12, 9:12pm

I can understand that wearing this type of gear is an eye-opener compared to normal clothing, and makes all the difference. But I would never think to wear it in the first place!

Posted 10.04.12, 5:14pm

I wouldn't of either - I've got a great sports bra, but would have considered pants!

Posted 30.04.12, 2:04pm

I found that I did need to experiment with the style of pants.  Some people prefer bigger pants and some prefer smaller ones.  Personally I get less chafing with the smaller ones.

I don't recommend going without.  Most running gear has seams in uncomfortable places.

Posted 30.04.12, 4:49pm

Off with the undies... they all annoy me. I tend to wear 3/4 length leggings if I run or go to the gym, mine are seamless where it matters.

Posted 30.04.12, 10:41pm

Hmm.. most of the running shorts I have, have a liner buit right in.. no need for undies! There are no seems in unseamly places so no chaffing!!

Posted 01.05.12, 3:56pm

Quoted from chelenc:

Hmm.. most of the running shorts I have, have a liner buit right in.. no need for undies! There are no seems in unseamly places so no chaffing!!

haha, i like this -'no seams in unseamly places!' it's true though- if you've got a good lining then you may as well leave them at home.

Posted 02.05.12, 12:16pm

Haha chelenc, that cracked me up! I'll have to invest in some of these. Where are they from? x

Posted 03.05.12, 4:14pm