KT Tape

• Author
Hi all

I know that there is controversy over the of KT Tape, but it works for me and I think it is great. I don't do long runs without it. I use the pre cut synthetic strips, found that the fabric style doesn't stay on for long.

My question is, does anybody know where to get it apart from Amazon. There seems to be only one person that sell the synthetic strips at a reasonable price, but I feel that the carriage charge is extortionate at £8... I sell on ebay myself and know that something as small as a role of tape does not cost that much to ship.

Was wondering if anybody else buys it from any other website?

Thanks Trace x

Posted 06.10.12, 6:36pm

I'd honestly not heard of KT Tape until this thread! What injury/injury prevention do you use it for Tracey?

Posted 08.10.12, 3:47pm

I really suffered badly with shin splints when I started running seriously. Since using the KT Tape I don't have a problem any more.

Posted 08.10.12, 4:54pm

I found eBay to be a good source of KT tape if you buy it by the roll. The pre-cut tape is no good for me (too fiddly for me with my childlike hands :p) and I've found the tutorials online to be very helpful. I use it on my knee as I often get a painful niggle in my left knee after a really long run and have found the tape to sort it out right away! 

i wasn't aware of the controversy surrounding KT tape, what are people saying about it?

Posted 08.10.12, 7:16pm

Hi

I think it is great stuff, but the controversy is that  a lot of people think it is just a fad and that it doesn't work. Well it works for me so I use it alot.

I also think the tutorials on their website are great and very helpful when applying.

Posted 08.10.12, 7:27pm

I've heard it works, but I don't understand how. How has it helped you Tracey_Smedley?

Posted 09.10.12, 8:58am

I'm seeing more and more professional sports people wearing it, especially footballers, so it must do something! The amount of money the top football clubs spend on research etc I'm sure they've found some sort of benefit to it if they use it so much.

Posted 09.10.12, 11:05am

That's a good point. Plus, I think it actually looks quite cool!

Posted 10.10.12, 9:23am

I've only ever used the KT tape on my shins, but since doing the Great North Run I've been having pain in the outside of my left knee.

I've just had a look at the KT website and seen how to apply it for this problem, so I'm going to give it a go today and see if it helps.

It certainly can't do any harm

Btw... at the moment i'm using the hero pink... done black, purple and blue... I like a change now and then!!!

Trace x

Posted 10.10.12, 10:42am

Haha good to see you are trying out the full range of colours! If I do get some I think I'll be avoiding the 'hero pink' though...

Posted 11.10.12, 10:36am

Oh Ross, that's a bit boring... Be brave!!!! a little flourescent pink will surely get you noticed Embarassed

Trace x

Posted 11.10.12, 6:03pm

So does it keep your muscles tight?  Is that how it helps?

Posted 12.10.12, 3:44pm

Quoted from Ross_M:

Haha good to see you are trying out the full range of colours! If I do get some I think I'll be avoiding the 'hero pink' though...

Haha choose black Ross_M choose black!

Posted 13.10.12, 3:28pm

I've been looking into getting some of this, is it only for really badly damaged muscle?

Posted 15.10.12, 4:16pm

I think it's for all sorts of sports injuries such as; ITBS, runners knee, shin splints, hamstring strain?

Posted 16.10.12, 11:01am

Does it hurt when you peel it off?

Posted 17.10.12, 9:23am

Quoted from Ross_M:

Everyone needs a little pink in their lives! Smile

Posted 18.10.12, 12:08pm

Good to see some positive things about KT tape. Been considering giving it a try, although was unsure - it ends up being an expensive trial otherwise!

I will be investing in some now - maybe even in hero pink!

Posted 15.01.13, 2:56pm

Quoted from hannah_mc:
Quoted from Ross_M:

Everyone needs a little pink in their lives! Smile

Did you treat yourself to some KT tape in the end Ross? I hope you went for pink!

Posted 17.01.13, 4:43pm

KT tape is only as good as the person putting it on - if you dont know how to use it, what to use it for, or how to apply it properly then my advice would be not to spend your money :)

Posted 19.01.13, 11:51am