Badminton

• Author
Anyone here catching up on badminton?Laughing

Posted 01.09.12, 12:48pm

I love badminton, haven't played in ages! My friend is amazing at it and played to national level in school, he takes great joy in beating me easily left handed Cry

Posted 02.09.12, 8:49pm

I love badminton! Unfortunately my boyfriend's better than I am, so I'm usually running round like a crazy lady for the whole game, but I feel like I get a good workout from it!

Posted 03.09.12, 9:37am

I have just started up with this sport. I am a runner through and through but my other half wanted to get fit and just hates all things running related....no prizes for guessing why ! He used to play badminton years ago and wanted to get back into it.

We have started playing badders and Sat night was our 3rd outing. I am o.kish at it, but am mindful to not get some stupid injury as have lots of runs planned...he is however way better. That's o.k. as I just pretty much stand there and hit the shuttlecock back to where he is not standing....if I can !! After an hour, he had won 5 games to my big fat zero...but he was a big old pile of sweat whilst I was as cool as anything and then ran the 4 miles back home.......lol. Quality time together, he was all sweaty and had a work out, I got to run....win win situation.    Laughing

Posted 03.09.12, 2:13pm

I love badminton, but I hate it when it's all really competitive.  When someone hits a really hard downwards shot and there's no chance in anyone returning it.  I just like a gentle normal game! haha

Posted 04.09.12, 2:09pm

I like a gentle game, but I feel better after a really competitive game - as long as I'm managing to return most of the shots!

Posted 05.09.12, 9:45am

Are you quite competitive then, Carly_A?

Posted 06.09.12, 3:21pm

Yeah... Although I don't mind losing if I've had a good game and can see that I'm getting better. I'd rather have a competitive game and lose than win a really easy game. How about you?

Posted 07.09.12, 9:40am

I'd rather win, easy game or not! I'm all about the winning! Smile

Posted 10.09.12, 11:41am

Haha! Don't get me wrong winning is always great, but I like a challenge and to know I'm getting better at something!

Posted 11.09.12, 9:24am

Quoted from hannah_mc:

I'd rather win, easy game or not! I'm all about the winning! Smile

Me too! All the better if it was a tough game!

Posted 12.09.12, 10:25am

Yeah it's nice if you can have both... a challenge and to know you're getting better, but then also to win! Smile Saying that, there's no chance in this world I would ever win at a game of badminton! I could probably play for like an hour and not manage to hit the, erm, shuttlecock? (is it shuttlecock in badminton??) even once!

Posted 13.09.12, 9:51am

Haha I love badminton it's so much fun! and fairly easy to understand and play

Posted 14.09.12, 5:31pm

Hehe, yes it is a shuttlecock. We used to play it in school and I loved it. I don't have much skill but I suppose it's a good way to have fun and exercise :) 

Posted 16.09.12, 9:18am

I don't think I got any exercise at all when I played as I basically just stood still and tried to serve over and over and over (etc) again haha!

Posted 17.09.12, 11:30am

I don't think I got any exercise at all when I played as I basically just stood still and tried to serve over and over and over (etc) again haha!

Posted 17.09.12, 11:30am

I can see why you're not a big fan - once you get the serve sorted you'll definitely enjoy it more!

Posted 04.10.12, 2:35pm

I used to love badminton and played it quite a lot. Haven't played in a while though. Hey maybe I should challenge you to a game sometime Carly_A !!?? Laughing

Posted 05.10.12, 1:28pm

It's on HaylsM Laughing We should definitely play soon!

Posted 08.10.12, 9:35am

Quoted from hannah_mc:

Hahah! I've always been the same! Once you can get the serve sorted, it always seems easy from there onwards. I just can't master that serve!

Posted 09.10.12, 8:39am