Edinburgh Marathon Festival of Running
26th-27th May 2012
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival takes place in the heart of Scotland’s capital city over two days. With a huge variety of races to choose from, the festival promises to have a race to suit every level of experience and fitness. The headline event, the Edinburgh Marathon, is now the UK’s second largest marathon, attracting around 16,000 participants every year as well as being the fastest marathon in the U.K!
Races start in the city centre and offer a grandstand finish in Pinkie Primary School with race starts staggered so there will be no cross-over of runners on these separate events.
Charity Assured Places
We have charity assured places in 5 different EMF events. In return for an Alzheimer Scotland Charity Assured Place we ask that you pay a registration fee and pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship as detailed below.
- Saturday 26th May
- 10k - £15 registration fee, £150 minimum sponsorship
- 5k - £8 registration fee, £100 minimum sponsorship
- Sunday 27th May
- 26.2-mile Marathon - £30 registration fee, £500 minimum sponsorship
- Relay team marathon (four participants per team aged 15+) - £60 registration fee, £600 minimum sponsorship
- 13.1-mile half marathon - £20 registration fee, £300 minimum sponsorship
For any questions regarding race details including routes, times, running numbers and directions please visit www.edinburgh-marathon.com