Why run for us?
The need for community support is urgent
The Hospital cares for 326,000 patients and provides more than 13,000 hours of specialist outreach medical services throughout the state each year, and we are increasingly dependent on private funding sources to continue to provide the best treatment for our children.
- ... over 15,000 children are admitted to Sydney Children’s Hospital each year
- ... 24 children undergo surgery at our Hospital every day
- ... Last year, 36,719 children were treated in our Emergency Department
- ... Almost 75% of our patients live outside our local area, including many from regional and rural NSW
- ... Up to two litres of bubbles are used every day by our play therapists to distract and settle children during procedures
As a runner for ‘Team Kids’ you will not only receive a sought after Golden Entry, you will also receive a support package that includes:
- A 'Team Kids' running kit comprising of a running singlet, shoe laces, visor and temporary tattoos
- Prizes/ incentives for highest fundraisers
- An exclusive thank you event and cheque presentation in the weeks after the race
- A unique opportunity to visit the Hospital and see firsthand the very real difference your fundraising makes
- Unlimited fundraising support from our dedicated Special Events team including regular contact with fundraising ideas