Here are 15 favourite running related quotes that may just help to reignite your motivation:
- "Ask yourself: can I give a little more? The answer is usually ‘’yes’’. " - Paul Tergat
If you want to win something, run 100 metres. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.
- "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
- "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
The only place that success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- "If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it." - Priscilla Welch
- "A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there." - Unknown
It’s very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit.
- "Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid
- "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
- "The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory." - Les Brown
- "Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will." - Suzy Kassem
There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.
- "Measure success in life by effort and doing your best, then it is always in your hands to succeed and to be proud of yourself." - Steve Peters