5 reasons to run the Berlin Marathon
Why this race should be on your running bucket list
The BMW BERLIN-MARATHON is always one of the highlights of every sporting year, with its flat course perfect for great times and records to be broken. If you’re tempted to join 40,000 fellow marathon lovers and take on the world famous course – which includes running through the Brandenburg Gate – then you could enjoy all of the following.
World’s Fastest Marathon
- 7 of the last 12 Marathon world records have been set on this route.
- Flat and efficient course
- Kenya’s Dennis Kimetto smashed the world record, and became the first man in history to run under 2 hours and 3 minutes.
A beautiful, vibrant city
- An upcoming, modern city with a myriad of major attractions to encounter
- Starts and finishes at the Brandenburg Gate
- Despite being one of the most popular cities in the world, costs of getting to the country can be particularly low if you research well.
- Oktoberfest, the world-renowned German Beer Festival takes place within days of the event and is just a stone’s throw away in the breathtaking city of Munich. Celebrate your marathon achievements with a stein of Germany’s finest.
- An electric atmosphere on the course capturing the best of German Culture, with 37,000 dedicated runners to participate alongside.
- German bands along the course.
- Multiple cheer points with thousands of enthusiastic supporters lining the streets of the city.
It comes highly recommended…
“Berlin was a beautiful city and the marathon was a wonderful experience. It was a great course and the organisation was exceptional. There were drink stations every few kilometres which included water, sports drinks, Gels, warm sweet tea and fruit! Brilliant! I would definitely recommend this marathon as the course was really flat and so well organised. We really did have a great time”
“Berlin was amazing…cannot wait to do again!!!! As well as being friendly, the staff and volunteers were just so organised and I never had to queue for anything. And the course was so FLAT! It was a stunning run, the city is just beautiful”
Editorial Credit: Roman Vukolov / Shutterstock.com