Banana, mango and pineapple power smoothie
Medium G.I. power drink
The marriage of mango, banana, pineapple and lime is one which really is made in heaven. Not only does it conjure up images of tropical beaches, it also provides a hefty portion of beta-carotene, folic acid, fibre, vitamins B, C and E and essential minerals. The skimmed milk also adds protein and calcium.
For peak health and vitality, this smoothie will give you that extra zest for life.
1. Crush the ice cubes in the blender and then add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more cold milk.
- Flesh of 1 ripe mango, chopped
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small banana or ½ large banana, chopped
- Juice of ½-1 lime (according to taste)
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 8 ice cubes
Serves: 2 x 200ml glasses
Preparation: 5 minutes
Good for: A low to medium G.I. power drink, full of essential vitamins and minerals, which will keep you alert and full of energy for hours
Calories (kcal): 177.8
Protein (g): 3.8
Carbs (g): 39.5
Fat (g): 0.6
Fiber (g): 5.2