Beetroot, apple, carrot and watercress iron boost
Iron boost juice drink
This juice gives you a real boost of iron, folic acid, essential minerals and anti-oxidants. What is more, the vitamin C in the vegetables and the apple juice help your body to absorb the iron. The watercress adds a lovely spicy, peppery taste and balances really well with the sweetness of the carrot and beetroot.
You might find the purple color of the juice a little unusual, but latest research suggests that purple foods such as beetroot can protect you against heart disease, strokes, cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Give it a go, you'll be pleasantly surprised ...
1. Chop the carrot and the beetroot into small cubes and put in a blender with the liquid and the ice cubes.
2. Blend for a minute. Add the watercress and blend again until the mixture is really smooth.
3. Add a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Strain the juice through a tea strainer or colander.
- 1 small cooked beetroot (about 50g)
- 1 large carrot
- Handful of watercress (remove any thick stalks)
- 150ml apple juice
- 100ml water
- 4-5 ice cubes
Serves: 2 x 150ml glasses
Preparation: 5 minutes
Good for: Delicious, fresh tasting juice to give you a real boost if you are feeling low or under the weather, brimming with vitamins, iron and disease-fighting nutrients
Calories (kcal): 52.4
Protein (g): 1
Carbs (g): 11.3
Fat (g): 0.4
Fiber (g): 1.4