Five ways of getting into the exercise habit
Top ways to stay motivated for exercise
When you first start out in a new exercise routine, it can be hard to stay motivated to complete your training goals. However, there are a number of key reasons why you should stay determined and persist with your exercise. Here’s the guide to overcoming your tiredness and staying motivated for exercise:
- Be organised and prepared for exercise. There’s nothing worse than planning to work out and not being able to find your trainers, or realizing all your kit is dirty, or that your exercise bike is buried under a mound of clothes. Don’t give yourself a reason to skip it.
- Reward yourself for adhering to your exercise program. Perhaps a sports massage, a session with a personal trainer or some new kit will keep you keen.
- Find other likeminded people to enjoy being active with. Research shows that exercisers who train with others are less likely to drop out than those who go it alone. Training with family and friends, for instance, can be a hugely rewarding and motivating experience.
- Renew your goals regularly. Having a purpose for each and every workout makes it all feel much more worthwhile. If you don’t know why you’re doing it, you’ll most likely just go through the motions and you won’t get much out of it. Have something to aim for...
- Ring the changes. Even if you love your power walking or your favourite exercise video, don’t be afraid to shake things up now and then. Your mind and muscles will thank you for it.