Family game of croquet with fruit!
While this doesn't quite count as one of your five-a-day, this is a great family game which involves playing croquet with fruit.
- Mark out a start line, and then mark out a finish line about 25m away.
- Divide your group into two teams, and get them to stand in two lines behind the start line.
- Take one orange or apple and place it in one leg of the tights.
- Tie the other leg of the tights around each of the first players’ waists, so that the fruit is hanging in front of each player between their legs.
- Now place another piece of fruit on the floor between each of the players’ feet.
- Start the game by shouting ‘Go!‘.
- The players must use the fruit in the stocking to knock the fruit on the floor from the start line to the finish line.
- Once a player has knocked their fruit across the finish line, they should pick up the fruit and sprint back to their team at the start line.
- Players should quickly pass their tights to the next team member before they can set off!
- The winning side is the first to get all their team members back behind the start line.