Get into the outdoors — part 1
What the great outdoors can offer you
Outdoor activities not only offer the opportunity to improve your physical fitness but they will develop your character and confidence too — the great outdoors is training for the mind, body and soul. Read on to find out about some of the personal benefits of outdoor activities and the adventures that await you … it’s time to burn your sofa, throw away the TV remote control and get out there.
Our aim at realbuzz.com is to give advice on all aspects of maintaining a healthy active lifestyle and there’s no better way of keeping fit than the active, fun packed adventures you can enjoy in the great outdoors. Getting fit in the great outdoors offers huge benefits to training indoors at your local gym, here are just a few …
- The fresh air of the great outdoors is much better for your body than training indoors in a gym and the scenery will make your mind feel fitter too.
- You don’t need to wait in line for equipment … avoid the crowds and enjoy the freedom of training in the great outdoors.
- The great outdoors is there for you to use all day, every day and it’s free.
- Outdoor activities offer superb cardiovascular (CV) and muscular workouts for fat burning and strength building.
The great outdoors is a great way to get physically fit but it offers many other benefits too. Many employers recognize that outdoor activities can enhance personal confidence and determination in the following ways:
- Outdoor activities can make you mentally fitter through the new experiences, learning new skills, and the challenges encountered.
- Participating in outdoor activities can greatly enhance your organizational and leadership skills and determination, all of which can be a huge benefit in your work and personal life.
- Outdoor activities give a great feeling of achievement, no matter what activity you choose to do. It is an amazing feeling to conquer a goal which once seemed impossible.
- Learning new skills and taking on new challenges will build your self-confidence and determination.
New experiences and new challenges
One of the huge benefits of getting into outdoor activities is the opportunity to enjoy new experiences, challenges, see exciting new places and meet lots of amazing people too.