Lamb stew recipe
Healthy lamb main meal
Red meat such as lamb is a good source of iron and should be incorporated into a healthy diet. Serve lamb stew with potatoes or rice and roasted vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, cherry tomatoes and courgettes.
Lamb stew per serving
Preparation and cooking time: approximately 2 hours
Lamb stew ingredients
500g lean lamb, diced
2 tbs plain flour
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
50g finely chopped apricots
3 sticks of celery, diced
600ml vegetable stock
1 tsp dried rosemary
- Toss the meat in the flour. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the meat in batches.
- Remove the meat from the pan and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the meat, carrots, celery, apricots to the pan with the stock and rosemary.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 1½ hours until the meat is tender.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.