Skydiving in wind tunnels
Outdoor sport training indoors
Ever wanted to have a go at skydiving but without actually having to leap out the door of an aircraft? Then do it in a wind tunnel — which will offer you the opportunity to experience the thrill of skydiving in a completely safe environment.
- A visit to a wind tunnel offers a fun-packed experience for anyone wishing to get a feel for what skydiving is like — as well as a superb environment for regular skydivers to improve their skills.
- Wind tunnels are very popular with skydivers over the winter months, when weather conditions prevent skydiving. Visits to wind tunnels and training camps held over weekends mean that skydivers can maintain and improve their skills throughout the year.
- Experienced instructors are always on hand to ensure you get the most out of your time in the tunnel.
- You can always fly no matter what the weather is doing outside.
- Flying in a tunnel gives you the reference of the walls around you, allowing you to perfect your technique — which can be hard to achieve in real freefall in the sky without reference points.
- Training in a wind tunnel is a very cost-effective way of quickly improving your skydiving skills.
- You can watch other skydivers in the tunnel and learn from watching their maneuvers and techniques (something difficult to do in real freefall!).
- You can take away a DVD of your tunnel time to watch and learn from.
- Skydiving wind tunnels have some of the world’s most experienced skydivers as instructors — meaning you will be learning from the best!