The health and fitness benefits of sport
How sport can enrich your life, whatever your age or ability
Playing sports generally is good for your health. We've compiled a quickfire list of the many healthy and fitness benefits from being involved in playing sports.
For most people, taking part in sport improves your general health and wellbeing. There are plenty of reasons why you should become involved in sport with reduced body fat, bone strengthening, improved stamina and flexibility being some of the reasons why you should take up a sport.
The following are just some of the many health and fitness benefits of starting out in a new sport ...
- Playing sports helps reduce body fat or controls your bodyweight.
- Through sports you will meet people with a similar interest to yourself and are likely to gain many new friends.
- Sports allow you will gain the satisfaction of developing your fitness and skills.
- Sports can help you fight depression and anxiety.
- Sports allows you tochallenge yourself and set goals.
- Playing sports helpes strengthen bones.
- Sports help aid coordination, balance and flexibility.
- Many sports can help improves stamina and concentration.
- If you are sporty then you are more likely to have a healthy lifestyle.
- Sports allow you to experience the highs and lows of both winning and losing!
If you are tempted to take up a new sport why not check out our sports section and find a sport to suit you.