Turkey with mango and prunes recipe
Healthy turkey main meal
This dish should be served with couscous or rice and a selection of vegetables. The prunes are a great source of fiber.
Turkey with mango and prunes per serving
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Turkey with mango and prunes ingredients
3 turkey steaks, diced
1 tsp of Chinese five spice
150g dried mango
150g pitted prunes
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbs oil
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbs toasted blanched almonds
- Mix the spice into the turkey steaks in a bowl and leave on one side for an hour.
- Place the prunes, mango and cinnamon stick into a pan with ½ pint of water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fry the onion and cinnamon for 4 minutes, add the diced turkey and brown for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the prunes and add the mixture to the turkey.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stir through the almonds and serve with couscous and vegetables such as broccoli and roasted tomatoes.