Relay game for the kids
Turtle relay is great fun and a good family workout – as long as you don’t mind getting egg on your face! The only things you will need to play are enough eggs to last for the whole game.
- Mark out a start line, and then mark out a finish line about 5m away.
- Divide your group into two teams, and get them to stand in two lines behind the start line.
- Give the first player in each team an egg.
- To start the game, the first person from each team gets down on their hands and knees behind the start line and the starter shouts ‘Go!‘.
- The objective is to roll the egg to the finish line using only your head! No hands or other body parts are allowed to touch the egg.
- If someone breaks their egg, then they must run back to the start line and start again with new egg. (Make sure there are a lot of eggs on standby!)
- If someone touches the egg with any body part other than their head, then they must run back to the start line with their egg and start again.
- Once someone’s egg has crossed the finish line, the team member should pick it up and sprint back to their team to ‘tag’ the next member to go.
- The winning side is the fastest to get all their team members back behind the start line.