What’s the time, Mr Wolf?
Outdoor chase game for families.
This is a great outdoor family game, and is guaranteed to exhaust the kids. Involving a chase, it's a great way of tiring them out and seeing they get some exercise while having fun outdoors.
- One player is nominated to be the wolf.
- The wolf must stand with his or her back turned towards the other players.
- The other players must spread out behind a start line 10m behind the wolf.
- To start the game, the other players should all call out together: ‘What’s the time, Mr Wolf?’
- The wolf should now turn to face the players and shout out a time – for example ‘Nine o'clock!’
- All of the players must now take the same number of steps toward the wolf as the number of hours in the wolf’s time – for example: four o'clock = four steps, six o'clock = six steps.
- Once the players have advanced the required number of steps, the wolf must turn his or her back to the group again.
- The players should again call out, ‘What’s the time, Mr Wolf?‘ – and again the wolf should call out a time. The players must then advance another number of steps.
- When the players have moved close to the wolf, then the next time they call out ‘What’s the time, Mr Wolf?’, the wolf can shout 'It’s dinner time!‘ and run after the other players, who must try to make it back behind the start line.
- Whoever the wolf catches now becomes the wolf.
- Keep playing until everyone is exhausted – or until someone answers the question ‘What’s the time, Mr Wolf?’ with ‘It’s bedtime!’.