- Cooking time
- 3 minutes
- 6-7 galettes people
Prep: 5 minutes Cooking: 3 minutes
Serves: 6-7 galettes
Ingredients hide check list
For the batter:
For the filling:
- Mix the two flours together (the addition of plain wheat flour improves the texture of the galettes. If you want to make the pancakes gluten-free, just use 150g buckwheat flour instead), add a pinch of salt and make a small well in the center for the egg.
- Break the egg into the mixture and then add the milk and half the water.
- Beat together with an electric hand whisk until the mixture is nice and smooth. Mix in the rest of the water and the melted butter. The mixture should be the consistency of thin cream.
- If possible, leave the mixture to rest for a few hours or overnight.
- Heat a pancake pan or large non-stick frying pan. Add a knob of butter and move the pan around so that the butter melts to cover the base of the pan. Add a small ladleful of the batter and quickly swirl it around so that you have a very thin layer of batter covering the whole of the pan. You can use a palette knife or an egg slice if you have one to spread out the mixture. Let this cook for two minutes over a medium heat, or until it comes away easily from the pan when you shake it. Then toss the pancake over and cook for a minute or two on the other side.
- Flip the pancake back over and then pop a very small knob of butter, a thin slice of ham and a tablespoon of grated cheese onto one half of the pancake.
- Fold the plain half of the pancake over the filling and then fold in half again and cook on a very gentle heat for a minute or two to melt the cheese.