- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 6-8 people
Prep: 25 minutes Cooking: 30 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Heat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Grease the cake tin and line it with the rice paper.
- Put the dried fruit, nuts, cherries, ginger, candied peel, lemon zest, flour, cocoa powder and spices into a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt the chocolate in a separate bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave.
- Put the sugar and honey and orange flower water into a saucepan and on a very gentle heat dissolve the sugar. When the sugar has completely dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil and boil steadily for 2 minutes.
- Take the syrup off the heat. Combine the syrup immediately with the chocolate and then with the fruit and nut mixture. It will go all stiff but don't worry.
- Spread it evenly into the tin, push it down with your fingers and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar when it is cool. Cut with a very sharp knife.