- Cooking time
- 30 minutes
- 6-8 people
Ingredients hide check list
- Heat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Grease the cake tin and line it with the rice paper.
- Put the dried fruit, nuts, cherries, ginger, candied peel, lemon zest, flour, cocoa powder and spices into a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt the chocolate in a separate bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave.
- Put the sugar and honey and orange flower water into a saucepan and on a very gentle heat dissolve the sugar. When the sugar has completely dissolved, bring the mixture to the boil and boil steadily for 2 minutes.
- Take the syrup off the heat. Combine the syrup immediately with the chocolate and then with the fruit and nut mixture. It will go all stiff but don't worry.
- Spread it evenly into the tin, push it down with your fingers and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar when it is cool. Cut with a very sharp knife.
Run for charity
Join Team Sense for RideLondon
Join us and get your invite to an exclusive (and free!) training day at Box Hill on 21 May. With just a £1 reg fee, what are you waiting for? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 9257. More >