- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 2 people
Ingredients hide check list
For the griddled vegetables:
For the yoghurt sauce:
We often make a large amount of this salad and keep it in the fridge to snack on when we train. It keeps for two to three days in the fridge and the flavours seem to improve over this time.
- Put the couscous in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a glug of olive oil. Pour over 150ml (5.27 fl oz) boiling water.
- Heat the griddle or frying pan and slice the courgettes and aubergine lengthways — about 0.5 cm thickness. Brush them with olive oil and cook on each side for a few minutes (so that nice stripes appear).
- Chop the herbs roughly.
- When the couscous is ready, fluff it up with a fork and then add the herbs, the spring onions, the tomatoes, the ground coriander, the lemon juice and the olive oil. Taste and add salt and pepper accordingly.
- Mix the yogurt sauce ingredients together, pour into a bowl and gently pour a little fruity olive oil around the edge of the bowl.
- On a large platter, arrange the aubergine and courgette slices around the edge, dress with half tbs balsamic vinegar and half tbsp olive oil and then pile the couscous into the middle. Decorate with pomegranate seeds and serve with the sauce.
Run for charity
Join Team Sense for RideLondon
Join us and get your invite to an exclusive (and free!) training day at Box Hill on 21 May. With just a £1 reg fee, what are you waiting for? Get in touch at email@example.com or call 0300 330 9257. More >