- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 15 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Peel the raw prawns (pack of raw frozen prawns (defrosted) is a good alternative), remove the dark vein and set aside. Place the shells and heads in a pan with the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the stock and discard the shells. Bring the stock to the boil again and add the lime leaves (alternatively, use zest of 2 limes, plus juice of half a lime), ginger and lemongrass (outer layers of the lemongrass removed, inner parts bashed with a rolling pin to release the flavor).
- Boil rapidly for several minutes and then turn down to a low heat.
- Add the mushrooms, tomato, spring onions and chili paste and chillis.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions in a separate pan and drain.
- Add the prawns to the stock pan, then the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and simmer for a couple of minutes until the prawns turn pink. Adjust the flavor with more chili sauce, fish sauce, sugar or lime juice if necessary. Remove the lemongrass, as this is not nice to eat, then add the noodles.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve. You could serve some extra chillis on the side if you like a bit of extra heat.