- Cooking time
- 15 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 1 minute Cooking: 15 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
For the nectarines:
For the cream:
- Whip together the ricotta and the vanilla essence in a bowl. Chill.
- Melt the butter and the sugar in a non-stick pan and then place the nectarines cut side down on the sugar to caramelise slightly. Remove the fruit after about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the liquid and the vanilla pod to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer the liquid for a few minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the fruit, cut side up, and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes until the fruit is tender.
- Take off the heat. Pop the cornflour into a small dish and then pour a spoonful of the liquid. Stir until smooth and then pour the whole lot back into the pan and stir in.
- Turn on the heat again and gently stir until the liquid thickens a little.
- Serve either hot or cold in individual glass bowls with a dollop of the vanilla ricotta cream.