- Cooking time
- 5 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 15 minutes Cooking: 5 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Prepare the couscous — rinse in cold water and then place in a bowl with the salt and a glug of olive oil. Pour over 150ml boiling water and leave for 5 minutes (check pack for exact quantity of water and how long to leave it). Fluff up the couscous gently with a fork.
- Turn on the oven to 170°C (338°F). Heat a pan or griddle and brush with a little oil. Quickly fry or grill the courgette for a minute or two and set aside. Brush the salmon with oil (try rapeseed) and season with a little salt.
- Place the salmon skin side down and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes. When the salmon comes away easily from the pan, turn it over and seal the sides. Cook gently for another few minutes and then pop the salmon into the oven for another 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze some lemon over the salmon before you put it in the oven. The salmon is cooked when it is springy to the touch. Let it rest on a warm plate while you finish off the couscous.
- Add the herbs and courgette to the couscous and then mix it all in with some extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and the cumin. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top.
- Serve the salmon with the couscous and a wedge of lemon or lime.