- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 5 minutes Cooking: 20 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Chop the onion and or or leek and sauté in some olive oil on a gentle heat with the bay leaf.
- Roughly chop the other vegetables and add them to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or so. Add the ras-el-hanout spice mix (this is a north-African spice mix that you can buy in most supermarkets now. If you can't find it, use Schwartz Moroccan spice mix or make your own combination with a selection of the following: cumin, coriander, fennel, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, chili).
- Add the garlic, ginger, orange zest, beans and chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato puree and the stock.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Check for seasoning. You may need some more spice — play around a bit; you could try adding a little ground coriander or cardamom, for instance. Add the fresh herbs but reserve a little for decoration.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl. Drizzle some fruity olive oil onto the soup and sprinkle with a little fresh parsley or coriander.
- Eat with chunks of crusty bread.