- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- 6 people
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 50 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
For the topping:
- Peel the apples and core, then cut into medium-sized chunks.
- Chop the rhubarb up roughly, place into a medium saucepan, add 150ml of water and place over a low heat. Cook gently for 20-30 minutes until the rhubarb is softened and the apple chunks are starting to break down and the mix is nice and sticky. Check acidity and add sugar to taste (careful it will be very hot). I like this mix to still be a little tart as your topping is sweet. When you're happy with the taste, pour into an ovenproof casserole dish and set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, place all the ingredients, apart from the butter and pumpkin seeds and pine nuts, into a food processor. Mix together for 30 seconds, then add the butter a little at a time until all mixed together, and this can be done by hand.
- Pour over the fruit mix, then sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds and pine nuts.
- To cook, place into a pre-heated oven at 180°C degrees (356°F) for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown. It MUST be served with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream or if you are being extra good, a large dollop of low fat yoghurt. Enjoy!