- Cooking time
- 35 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 45 minutes Cooking: 35 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Start by baking the potatoes for 25/30 minutes at 190°c (374°f) in the oven. Allow to cool then slice in half and griddle, this gives the potatoes a lovely smoky flavour.
- Trim off any excess fat from the venison. Sear the meat for 2 minutes each side in a hot pan, season and set aside, and for me the venison should be served pink.
- To cook the cabbage, sweat the bacon in the butter and juniper for 2/3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 3/4 minutes further until the cabbage has lost its 'bite', then add the vinegar and correct seasoning.
- Warm the potatoes and venison back in the oven for 2 minutes, serve and enjoy.