- Cooking time
- 35 minutes
- 2 people
Ingredients hide check list
- Start by baking the potatoes for 25/30 minutes at 190°c (374°f) in the oven. Allow to cool then slice in half and griddle, this gives the potatoes a lovely smoky flavour.
- Trim off any excess fat from the venison. Sear the meat for 2 minutes each side in a hot pan, season and set aside, and for me the venison should be served pink.
- To cook the cabbage, sweat the bacon in the butter and juniper for 2/3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook for 3/4 minutes further until the cabbage has lost its 'bite', then add the vinegar and correct seasoning.
- Warm the potatoes and venison back in the oven for 2 minutes, serve and enjoy.
Run for charity
Join Team Sense for RideLondon
Join us and get your invite to an exclusive (and free!) training day at Box Hill on 21 May. With just a £1 reg fee, what are you waiting for? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 9257. More >