- Cooking time
- 50-60 minutes
- 8 bars people
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 50-60 minutes
Serves: 8 bars
Ingredients hide check list
- Heat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and grease and line the 34 x 24cm standard baking tray.
- Put the flour into a bowl with the spices.
- Cream together the margarine, the sugar and the malt extract with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoon of flour with each of the last 3 eggs.
- Fold in the remaining flour and then fold in the fruit and orange juice.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with the nuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer pierced through the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars.