- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- 2 people
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 10 minutes
Ingredients hide check list
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Wash the spinach and put it into a saucepan with a knob of butter, a pinch of salt, some pepper and some grated nutmeg. Cover the pan and cook on a medium heat, stirring once or twice, until the spinach is wilted. Drain off any excess water.
- Put the spinach into two ramekins (small glazed serving bowls), make a well in the center and carefully break an egg into each one.
- Put a dollop of crème fraîche on top of the egg and then grate over some parmesan.
- Pop the two ramekins into the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until the egg white starts to turn white and looks like it is just cooked. It keeps cooking for some time after it has come out of the oven and if you cook it too much the egg will overcook and go rubbery.
- Grind some black pepper over the eggs and serve immediately with some hot wholemeal or granary toast.