- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- 4 people
|Calories||520 kcal (kcal)|
Ingredients hide check list
As the couscous is whole wheat, it's also high in fibre (which is good for feeling fuller for longer) and it’s also low in fat. Per 100g it contains 70g of complex carbs, 12g of protein, 7.3g of fibre and only 1.5g of fat. The only drawback is the cooking time, which at approx 16 minutes, is a little longer than rice or pasta. My recipe is mildly spiced and high in protein and complex carbs, plus it’s just as tasty eaten cold as a lunchbox snack.
- Pre-heat your oven to 195 degrees centigrade.
- Start by pan frying the chicken breasts in the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Colour on both sides, then remove from the pan.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes to the pan, stir, then add the couscous and cook for 2/3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Then dissolve the chicken stock cube in 500ml (17.59 fl oz) of hot water, stir into the couscous, bring to the boil and then place the chicken breasts on top of the cous cous.
- Place into the oven for 16 minutes. You may need to add slightly more liquid if required.
- After 16 mins, check the chicken is cooked and then add the tomatoes and allow to rest in the oven for 4/5 minutes until the tomatoes have softened and the couscous has absorbed all the liquid. Add seasoning and serve.