- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- 2 people
Ingredients hide check list
The carbs element comes from the pearl barley which I love to cook with as it's got a lovely texture. It is relatively foolproof to cook and by cooking the barley in chicken stock, you are increasing the protein in the dish. Some fresh herbs, two soft poached eggs and sprouting broccoli, will finish off a hearty but very healthy and nutritious training meal.
- Start by pan-frying the chicken breast in the olive oil until golden brown, for around 2/3 minutes.
- Then add the halved shallots and place into a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees for 15/20 minutes.
- Cook the pearl barley by simmering in the chicken stock with the diced carrot for 15/18 minutes until tender. When soft, cook over a higher temperature until the stock has reduced. Set aside.
- Poach eggs and broccoli as standard.
- Re-heat the pearl barley and stir in a mix of fresh chopped herbs.