Terms of advertising (UK)
All advertisement orders are subject to acceptance from the Publisher and are subject to the conditions set out below. Any other proposed condition shall be void unless in writing and specifically accepted in writing by the Publisher.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw, or otherwise deal with all advertisements submitted to it at its absolute discretion and without explanation. All advertisements must comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice, found on the Advertising Standard Authority’s website: http://www.asa.org.uk/Advertising-Codes.aspx
- The Publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise occasioned by error, altered publication or the failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever. Should late publication or the failure of an advertisement to appear be due to the act or default of the Advertiser or the Advertiser’s servants or agents then the space will be paid for in full notwithstanding that the advertisement has not appeared (such omission or suspension shall be notified to the Advertiser as soon as possible).
- The Advertiser will indemnify the Publisher against any damage and/or loss and/or expense which the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Advertiser’s advertisement how so ever it may occur and irrespective of time to present.
- In no circumstances does the placing of an order confer the right to renew on similar terms.
- The Publisher reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time or to amend the terms of contract as regards space or frequency of insertion. In such event the Advertiser has the option of cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge.
- The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any way illegal or defamatory nor an infringement of any other party’s rights nor an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice, found on the Advertising Standard Authority’s website: http://www.asa.org.uk/Advertising-Codes.aspx
- If the Advertiser cancels the balance of a contract, except in the circumstances stated in paragraph 5, all unearned volume discount will be surcharged. The Publisher reserves the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contracted period.
- Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions providing to the contrary neither the Publisher nor the Advertiser shall be liable to each other for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise caused by or arising out at any Act of Parliament, Order in Council, Act of State, strike of employees, lock-out, trade dispute, enemy action, rioting, civil commotion, fire, force majeure, act of God or other similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.
- Copy must be supplied without application from the Publisher. In the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy deadline date, the Publisher reserves the right to repeat the copy last used and charges will be applied as per the agreed rate. No refunds or reductions will be made in such cases.
- The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for changes in date of submitting copy unless these are confirmed in writing and in time for the changes to be made. The Publisher reserves the right to charge for any additional expense involved in such changes.
- Provided copy is received by the agreed copy provision deadline date, the Publisher will provide electronic files or browser compatible web links by way of proofs for approval and sign off as standard.
- Where applicable the Advertiser shall be responsible for the insurance of all artwork and other advertisement material delivered by the Advertiser to the Publisher and the Publisher cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage thereto.
- The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all artwork and other materials, including electronic files, which have been in the Publisher’s (or the Publisher’s printers) custody for at least three months. The Publisher may exercise this right without giving further notice to the Advertiser provided that the Advertiser or the Advertiser’s agent has not given instructions in writing to the contrary.
- Once the design work is complete, as per the agreed brief or instructions, you will get 15 minutes worth of amends free of charge. If the required amends take longer than 15 minutes, studio time will be charged as per our rate card.
- Please make yourself aware of the ‘Final Amends’ and ‘Sign-off’ dates. These are set in relation to the live date and differ depending on the complexity of the package you book with us. If amends are received after these dates, we cannot guarantee that the advert will be live on time. In the event that approval for final amends and or sign off is not received by the agreed deadline date, clause 9 applies. No refunds or reductions will be made in such cases.
- If the Advertiser is placing a competition with the Publisher, the Advertiser agrees to provide the Publisher or the competition winner with the prize as agreed in the signed competition insertion form.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
- Credit accounts are strictly net and must be settled within the terms specified on the invoice unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Publisher. If an account is overdue, the Publisher reserves the right to suspend insertion and charge interest calculated at 4% above base rate. Failure to pay accounts in accordance with the Publisher’s terms and conditions will make advertising agencies liable to reductions in any commission otherwise allowed to agencies.