So, 2nd year training for the GNR. What's changed????
- Training started much later than last year, & seemed to be slow to start. Tiredness kicked in very easily too, & I found myself pulling-up on club runs.
- I've not been motivated to enter races unlike last year. Infact, I intended to run all the East Mids midweek races, but in the end didn't take part in any.
- At first, it was as if I believed that, because I'd run the distance before, training wasn't as essential.
- PB for the NSPCC 1/2, beating last year's time by over 5 mins. A real boost this one, particularly as I didn't suffer any of the aches & pains afterwards, unlike last year. I loved this race as much as I did last year.
- Joining MK Lakeside Runners has ensured that I've kept the training up throughout August. I remember last year hardly getting out when we were away in the caravan, so keeping up regular club runs has been great. Also nice to meet a friendly bunch, together with the variety they bring into their sessions.
- I think I'm possibly bigger than I was last year; I'm still having to go to work in 36" trousers. Whether that's the beer, or just the 40+ years, I'm not sure. And the weight doesn't seem to be shifting; infact, I don't think I've lost any weight since the initial 1/2 stone in Apr/May.
All in all, it's been a very different run up to last year. Better??? I'm not sure, but definately different. I think the major change has been getting out with a different club. I enjoy Northampton, but maybe I was becomming a little stale there, whereas the fresh challenge/group has helped to motivate me again.
Only a few weeks to go now. Will try & post again before......
Tell us your story
Inspire and be inspired by sharing your health or fitness journey. Your blog will provide you with a permanent record of your progress, with the added bonus of motivation and encouragement from our members along the way.* Manage my blogs