Detox- The best way to avoid putting weight on this winter
Having enjoyed myself a bit too much over the Easter break, a friend and I have decided to create a detox program for ourselves. It’s been a while since I’ve done a detox but a good detox is vital to reset the body and eliminate all the nasties.
No matter how healthy we are its important, it the toxic world we live in today, that we all do a detox at some stage.
If you’re not sure whether you need to do one? Here are some indicators:
- poor digestion, bloating gas, berping, irregular bowels
- Mood swings, depression, fuzziness in the head, poor memory, lack of clarity
- Worsening of allergic conditions eg rash, asthma, hay fever or sinus
- Acne or boils
- Difficult losing fat and or weight gain
- Furry coating on tongue
- Drowsiness after meals
- Tiredness after minimal exertion
- Joint pain and muscle aches
- Tiredness upon waking in the morning
- Frequent colds and influenza
- Bad breath
- Lower back pain
- Candida, thrush
- Intolerance to fatty foods or alcohol
- Coming off medication & chemical
Most people tend to think of a detox as an easy way to lose weight and that will generally happen, but it should never be the focus. You should be thinking of it as a way to give your liver a chance to rest and detoxify to help revitalize the body. There are a stack of other benefits that come with a detox including
- Improves energy levels
- Reduces stress on the body
- Improves physical performance
- Improves your recovery from physical performance
- Improves memory
- Improves your immune system
The best detox programs out there aren’t necessarily easy but they are highly effective! What I find most fascinating about the programs is how peoples bodies react to them. In most cases the most severe your reaction to the detox the more you needed it.
With the likelihood that I’ll be a “Dry July” ambassador again this year- I’m going to put the challenge to you. Try completing the Dry July (no alcohol for the month of July) INCONJUNCTION with a detox. It’ll be the perfect way to prevent the winter kilos piling on.
Have a good week.
- See latest blog post